Community Hospital Corporation (CHC) is seeking a Vice President, Assistant General Counsel to work under the direction of the SVP/General Counsel, providing significant health care legal advice and direction to the corporate office and to the CHC affiliated entities and facilities.
This is an exciting onsite role at our beautiful corporate offices located in Plano between Legacy West and Grandscape. At CHC we enjoy an outstanding work environment, covered parking, comprehensive health and welfare benefits including paid fitness facility membership, tuition reimbursement, a generous PTO allowance, and a great company culture.
The VP, Assistant General Counsel will maintain/obtain a broad knowledge of healthcare law to provide or assist in providing advice and direction to the corporate office and to CHC affiliated entities and facilities on various issues affecting their respective business operations. Responsibilities include providing support for business transactions, including strategic partnerships and affiliations, for CHC and its affiliated entities, as well as providing legal services and supporting the general corporate law needs of the corporation and its affiliated entities.
Requires 8 – 10 years of increasing responsible legal experience within the healthcare industry.
Requires JD and license to practice in Texas.
- Handle and/or assist with diverse legal responsibilities associated with the legal aspects of a health care corporate office and hospital operations.
- Assist with mergers, acquisitions and start-up businesses, as well as being able to negotiate, draft and/or review complex transaction documents.
- Assist with supporting outside counsel on litigation matters and work closely with risk manager.
- Assist with a variety of legal projects to support the organization and its affiliates.
- Define realistic, specific goals and objectives and prioritize objectives.
- Keep current on new information/legislation relative to health care law
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive, in-depth knowledge of health law, including anti-kickback statute, physician self-referral law, hospital operational issues, physician contracting, privacy laws, and medical staff relations.
- Extensive experience in physician relationships related to health care contracting, including professional services, equipment leases, IT, real estate and office leases.
- Working knowledge of reimbursement and managed care contracting.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulatory agencies impacting the healthcare industry.
- Knowledge/experience in labor and employment law preferred.
- Knowledge/experience in documenting strategic partnerships in health care transactions preferred.
- Proficient knowledge to understand and apply the concepts and terminology unique to the healthcare industry.
At CHC we enjoy an outstanding work environment, covered parking, comprehensive health and welfare benefits including paid fitness facility membership, tuition reimbursement, a generous PTO allowance, and a great company culture.
Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package is offered as part of total compensation.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Wellness Resources and other benefits
In compliance with the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and company policy, CHC and its affiliate companies require all employees to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation as a condition of employment. As a result, these conditions must be met by the first date of employment.
CHC is a tobacco and drug free workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can view and apply for the posting at: https://apply.workable.com/j/C0B8047553
- Date Posted March 8, 2023
- Recruiter Name Cyndi Baldwin
- Company Name Cyndi Baldwin
- Job Type Full-time
- Practice Areas Antitrust, Non-profit, Corporate Transactions, Health Care, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Years of Experience 5-10
- Firm Size 1-15
- Workplace Type In-person
- Require Resume? Yes
- Require Cover Letter? No
- Position Summary Community Hospital Corporation (CHC) is seeking a VP, Assistant General Counsel to provide health care legal advice and direction to our corporate office and to the CHC affiliated entities and facilities.
- Salary Range $200,001 and up
- Apply By March 8, 2023
- Website http://communityhospitalcorp.com/careers/