Senior Counsel – Commercial
- Assumes primary responsibility for providing legal advice, guidance and recommendations to business partners relating to significant Company activities in the areas of commercial contracts, marketing, supply chain, store operations, and privacy.
- Partners with the procurement organization and business stakeholders to conduct RFPs, select suppliers and draft/negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including technology, marketing, human resources, business operations, and e-commerce.
- Advise and guide the business on privacy related matters; responsible for negotiating and managing the DPA contracting process, PIA review, and ascertaining privacy risk within commercial contracts.
- Advises various business units on issues pertaining to operational and legal compliance matters.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 8-10 years of experience advising on legal issues affecting business operations; in-house experience required; retail experience preferred.
- Degree from a recognized law school and admission to the Bar.
- Fully developed expertise and technical knowledge in contracts, including applicable privacy provisions. CIPP/US a plus.
- Self-motivated with excellent advocacy, analytical and communication skills; enjoy challenging work responsibilities and close interaction with business clients.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company’s product assortment meets customers’ everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop – from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney’s Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Date Posted October 16, 2023
- Recruiter Name Danny Rojas
- Company Name JCPenney
- Job Type Full-time
- Practice Areas Corporate Transactions, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Years of Experience 5-10
- Firm Size 16-50
- Workplace Type Hybrid
- Require Resume? Yes
- Require Cover Letter? No
- Apply By November 30, 2023
- Website https://jobs.jcp.com/jobs/13322171-senior-counsel-commercial