The Dallas office of McGuireWoods seeks an Associate to join its Mergers & Acquisitions and Energy Transactional Department.
Consistently honored for its global M&A capabilities and innovations that distinguish the firm as an industry leader, Mergers and Acquisitions magazine recently named McGuireWoods M&A Mid-Market “Law Firm of the Year.” The firm ranks among the top five for M&A in Bloomberg’s and Thomson Reuters’ benchmarking league tables; Chambers USA recognized McGuireWoods for its nationwide M&A practice; and The Legal 500 praised the firm for its M&A and private equity deal work.
Such accolades reinforce McGuireWoods’ straightforward approach to M&A: Our attorneys listen to clients to gain a thorough understanding of their objectives for the transaction. We then analyze the competitive and regulatory landscape within client-specific industries — factoring in the influence of current and emerging legislation, regulatory developments and the whole M&A market. Armed with this information, we work with our clients to develop a strategy designed to meet specific business goals, while minimizing disruption to ongoing operations.
McGuireWoods’ M&A team represents buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other major transactions throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. The firm’s lawyers handle transformative and strategically significant deals for public and private companies in every sector of the economy.
- Qualified candidates will have 3 – 6 years of law firm mergers & acquisitions or project finance experience, preferably with a sophisticated national law firm environment.
- Experience with renewable energy, oil & gas, project development or project finance is helpful.
- Candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with client, business and legal teams.
- Must have a strong academic record, excellent writing and oral communication skills, and the ability to work independently with clients and colleagues.
- Licensed to practice in Texas preferred.
Disclaimer: Search firms with a current agreement in place with McGuireWoods LLP may submit materials through the McGuireWoods Search Firm Portal. Please reach out to the Attorney Recruiting Manager listed above to gain registration access if needed. All other unsolicited submissions by search firms will be deemed not accepted.
California residents have special rights with respect to personal information. If you are a California resident applying for a position at McGuireWoods, our statement describes your rights and personal information the firm collects.
- Date Posted March 29, 2023
- Recruiter Name Megan Sandahl
- Company Name McGuireWoods
- Job Type Full-time
- Practice Areas Mergers & Acquisitions
- Years of Experience 2-5
- Firm Size 100+
- Workplace Type Hybrid
- Require Resume? Yes
- Require Cover Letter? Yes
- Apply By May 29, 2023
- Website https://mcguire.careers.micronapps.com/job_post_details.aspx?%3Eac^?LWCZ4dN=1`&QDFnXTpbVzc%3d=Mj5HMTBQ