Creedon PLLC is a mission-driven business and intellectual property firm. Our mission: We Help Inspiring People Build One Amazing Future. As a Certified B Corp, our firm is meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency on our operations and our social and environmental impact. We solidified our social and environmental commitments by launching our #OneFutureInitiative, which commits 5% of our time to pro bono work and service projects and 5% of our revenue to Good Works.
Every one of our clients has a vision of the world, and we use our energy and enthusiasm to make it a reality. We love the work — and we know how lucky we are to spend our days with the folks building the future, even when they are facing obstacles and the occasional dispute.
Our firm is a remote-first office with attorneys in Texas and California and we are growing! We stay connected with each other through our twice a week all-team meetings and Slack workspace. We value flexibility and wellness, and promote a positive work environment. We are a “fail forward” firm meaning we encourage a culture of proactively and honestly identifying errors so we can address them head-on and work together to resolve them.
We are committed to providing a workplace culture that values diversity, equity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities. For us, diversity includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation or identity, disability, religion, age, national origin, family or marital status, political affiliation, socio-economic status, and military or veteran status. Diversity also includes differences in backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, thoughts, interests, and ideas. Equity includes providing equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals of all backgrounds, including access to training and development, advancement, and equitable compensation. Inclusion means ensuring that all employees are valued, heard, engaged, and involved at work and have full opportunities to collaborate, contribute, and grow professionally.
Are you a good fit for us? We look for creative minds who can balance their solid legal skills with a healthy dose of irreverence. Motivated? Check. Personable? Yes. Tech-savvy? Please. We’re building a firm for folks who want to be a part of something larger, do great legal work for fun clients, serve our communities in a meaningful way, and still have the time and passion to follow our own dreams.
We are looking for an experienced litigation and intellectual property paralegal who can drive matters forward, keep our team accountable for deadlines, and consistently communicate with clients.
The role will be a full-time, hourly position that requires an average of 150 hours a month. We expect that you will work no more than 37.5 hours per week barring client emergencies. All time spent at service projects and participating in the firm’s pro bono work will count towards your required work hours.
As a growing firm, our team’s needs may change over time. Your responsibilities will include onboarding new clients, opening new matters, implementing and improving processes for docketing, reporting regular status updates to clients, and supporting intellectual property and litigation matters.
More specifically, your role may also include more substantive work under the supervision of our attorneys, including assisting with trademark searches, trademark applications, responses to office actions, maintenance filings, and preparing pleadings for TTAB, federal court, and state court cases.
We are looking for business-minded people who are excited to share the mission of our firm and who can help us acquire clients who align with our mission and values. We believe our employees are more productive and provide better service when they have opportunities for rest and self-care, so we offer unlimited, paid vacation. Our benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, and a simple IRA with 3% match.
- 4+ years of civil litigation experience in a private law firm environment or in-house legal department
- 3+ years of experience with trademark searches, applications, responses to office actions, maintenance filings, and supporting TTAB cases
- Must have experience communicating with clients on a regular basis.
- Must have experience in onboarding new clients, tracking and developing client files, and handling a firm’s case calendar.
- Must have docketing experience.
- Must have knowledge of e-filing rules and procedures in federal and state jurisdictions.
- Must also have proficiency in using Westlaw, and case management software (preferably Clio).
- Ability to efficiently manage large workload and react promptly to multiple deadlines while meeting personal and team key performance objectives.
- Experience drafting and filing pleadings in federal state court, drafting discovery requests and responses, litigation correspondence, and motions, is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Positive attitude and willingness to assist beyond basic duties.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor.
If you are interested in the position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org: (1) a current resume containing details of your prior work experience, and (2) a cover letter telling us why you’re a good fit for our team.
Creedon PLLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Date Posted March 30, 2023
- Company Name Creedon PLLC
- Job Type Full-time
- Practice Areas Intellectual Property, Lawsuits / Trials / Litigation
- Years of Experience 2-5, 5-10, 10-20, 20+
- Firm Size 1-15
- Workplace Type Remote, Flexible, Hybrid
- Require Resume? Yes
- Require Cover Letter? Yes
- Position Summary Creedon PLLC is a Certified B Corp meeting high standards of performance, accountability, and transparency on our operations and our social and environmental impact. We are seeking individuals who share our values and can excel in a remote role.
- Salary Range $50,001 - $100,000
- Apply By April 30, 2023
- Website www.creedon.com